- ¨Creativity is the characteristic of a person to generate new ideas, alternatives, solutions and possibilities in a unique and different way.
- ¨Creativity is the ability to conceive something unpredictable, original and unique. It must be expressive, exciting and imaginative. It is the mirror of how beautifully a person can think in any given circumstance.
- ¨It is not genetic but can be developed if someone keeps on learning and comprehending things with a rare and exclusive perception. Creativity is a brainstorming and mind-blogging activity in which a person has to think beyond his imagination for bringing something worthwhile. It is an activity of unveiling something which was previously hidden
- ¨Innovation is an act of application of new ideas to which creates some value for the business organisation, government, and society as well. Better and smarter way of doing anything is innovation. It could be the introduction of:
- ¨New technology.
- ¨New product line or segment.
- ¨A new method of production.
- ¨An improvement in the existing product.
- ¨Innovation is closely tied to creativity i.e. putting creative ideas into action is an innovation, whose consequences should be positive. It is the process of doing something better for the first time, which was not previously done by any entity. It can also be termed as a change which can bring a new edge to the performance and productivity of the company. It is of two types i.e. evolutionary and revolutionary.
Innovation v/s creativity
- The following are the major differences between Creativity and Innovation:
- ¨The quality of thinking new ideas and putting them into reality is creativity. The act of executing the creative ideas into practice is innovation.
- ¨Creativity is an imaginative process as opposed to innovation is a productive process.
- ¨Creativity can never be measured, but Innovation can be measured.
- ¨Creativity is related to the generation of ideas which are new and unique. Conversely, Innovation is related to introduce something better into the market.
- ¨Creativity does not require money. On the other hand, innovation requires money.
- ¨There is no risk involved in creativity, whereas the risk is always attached to innovation.