- Today’s article is about the report Bangladeshi government has given to the Union Home Ministry. This report states that there has been a three times increase in the infiltration by the terror groups that operate from Bangladesh. Bangladesh is itself fighting to remove such groups namely Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami (HuJI) and Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB)
- An estimate that 2, 010 extremist have infiltrated from the border states like Tripura, West Bengal, Assam shows that certain group of people have made that place a safe zone for the extremists.
- The geographical conditions between Bangladesh and India is such that fence or patrolling is not possible, but proper coordination with Bangladeshi security force can help to stop infiltration. Moreover PM of Bangladesh Sheik Hasina is going to have a visit to India. This can be seen as an opportunity to discuss in detail how can this problem be solved.
- The Dhaka Café attack, the terrorist were carrying Bengal made guns which shows that such terrorist group are getting support from certain groups on this side of the border.
- This estimate of 2, 010 cross border terrorist infiltration happens to be way higher than that of India’s intelligence reports.